Friday, September 7, 2012

How to add crashkernel parameter in grub2

Problem:

How to add crashkernel parameter in grub2 ?

Environment
Fedora 17
Furture versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux based on Fedora 17 and higher

Resolution

Edit /etc/sysconfig/grub and append crashkernel=128M at the end of the line

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rd.md=0 rd.dm=0  KEYTABLE=us SYSFONT=True rd.lvm.lv=vg_prod231-187/lv_root rd.luks=0 rd.lvm.lv=vg_prod231-187/lv_swap LANG=en_US.UTF-8 rhgb quiet crashkernel=128M"
After making the change, update the configuration file for the GRUB 2 boot loader

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

You should not be editing grub.cfg by hand

Reboot the system

1 comment:

Diego Zavala Trujillo said...

Thanks Gunasaikia for the link.

Hi Ranjith Rajaram I tried the solution you propose, and it seems not to work for me.

You think are the network configuration on my server? I am using squid 2.7Stable on Ubuntu server 10.04LTS.

The strange thing is that I have 2 scenarios in the same server (proxy), one going out through a fortinet and a second one going out through a infinitum (domestic internet) to internet.

The problem that I can not reach the corre-gto.com.mx webpage is when my server goes out through a fortinet. The problem goes away when my server goes out through a infinitum.

I do not control fortinet, and I do not know how it is configure. This is managed by another mate. On the other hand, clients that do not use proxy, can reach the web page with out any problem.

thanks and great day.